Whether you are hosting Thanksgiving this year or going to a family’s house, there is always heavy clean up involved post feasting. Here are a few pointers to help make Turkey Day cleaning a little easier!
- Line Pans with Foil- To avoid getting pans dirty from over-spill when cooking, line baking sheets and pans with foil. This also helps minimize the amount of pans you have to use.
- Trash Bowl- When cooking have a large separate trash bowl nearby to quickly toss in dirty measuring cups, egg shells, left over pit crust, etc. This will help keep your cooking space organized and clutter-free and will also provide less cleanup afterwards.
- Double Line Trash Can– To make sure you don’t have spillage in your trash can or a broken bag, make sure to use heavy duty trash bags or double line your trash can for easy trips to the dumpster.
- Clean as You Go– Try and get in the habit of quickly putting away preparation ingredients and cleaning dishes as you go. It takes much less time and effort than you think and is a relief from mountains of tiresome cleanup. It also eases the stress of messy counter tops while cooking.
- Clean Out Fridge- Clean out your refrigerator prior to Thanksgiving Day and have enough Tupperware ready for easy leftover storing. If you are hosting Thanksgiving, invest in some to-go boxes or bags, like these ones.
- Rinse & Soak-If you plan on doing Thanksgiving cleaning the next day, make sure to at least rinse all dishes and soak pans, pots and serving trays the night of.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Master Clean USA!