Western Exterminator suggests that homeowners take the following actions for keeping pests out:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home.
- Inspect wires, insulation and walls for gnaw marks, which may indicate a rodent infestation.
- Store boxes off of the floor to prevent rodents from residing in undisturbed areas.
- Keep branches and shrubbery trimmed away from the home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home and five feet off the ground.
Check out more cleaning tips and how tos on our How to Clean Series Blog.